Our editors independently research the best products online to produce this list. We may receive commission on purchases made from the links below but this will never affect our product choices.
Top 10 Best Food Flasks
- Thermos Stainless King (Editor’s Choice)
- Stanley 10-01229-003 (Luxury Choice)
- WayEee With Folding Spoon (Best Value)
- 720°DGREE WunderJar (Best Stainless Steel)
- Thermos 56902 FUNtainer (Best for Children)
- Thermos Thermocafe (Best Dual Purpose)
- Prime Horizon (Best With Folding Spoon)
- YGJT Maxso (Best Set)
- Thermos 190525
- ValueTalks King
Food flasks are an excellent addition for people who are always on the move. They can be used to carry not only your favourite piping hot soup on cold winter days but also your chilled drinks on hot summer days.
However, the choices of the best food flasks are unlimited. Some of the best ones come with long temperature retention hours. Others come with lids that double as serving bowls, and still, others come with safe dishwasher parts. Do you need help deciding which food flask will best suit your preferences and needs? Then you’re in the right place. Here is our list of the top ten food flasks in the market.
How We Compared Food Flasks
To find the right food flasks we considered multiple factors, including:
- Heat retention
Our team researched a wide range of products, comparing their features against the points above and meticulously fact-checking customer reviews. The following list is the result of a careful selection of food flasks that would suit any kitchen enthusiast’s needs.
Discover more about our process here.
Food Flask Reviews
Are you after the best food flask that can cater for all your winter and summer needs? If yes, then the Thermos Stainless King food flask should be your go-to option. Not only can it be used for transporting oats to pasta, but also it can be used for all kinds of soups and liquids.
With an overall capacity of 0.47 litres, the thermos food flask comes with a vacuum insulated lid that doubles as a serving bowl. It also comes with a full-sized folding spoon and an extra-wide mouth for added convenience.
Moreover, its BPA-free structure stays cool to the touch even when transporting piping hot foods and liquids. Also, the thermos food flask comes in different colourways, including cranberry red. However, some users may not sit well with the rubber seal since its prone to breakage.
- It comes with a thermos vacuum insulation technology
- Available in different colour options
- It comes with a full-sized folding spoon
- Features a wide mouth
- Ensures maximum temperature retention
- Opening it can be quite challenging once the food cools down
- The rubber on the ring may come off after some time
- The lid on the may be prone to breakage
Durable and versatile are terms that best describe the Stanley 10-01229-003 food flask. With a 0.7litre capacity, this food jar comes with superior insulation that retains the temperature of hot and cold drinks and food for up to 15 hours.
The Stanley 10-01229-003 food flask boasts high-quality food-grade stainless steel construction that is both rugged and rustproof. Moreover, its multi-purpose leak-proof lid eliminates any risk of spillages. Also, its extra-wide mouth makes filling and pouring. Cleaning it is an easy task since it comes with safe dishwasher parts.
On the flip side, some users may not sit well with this food jar since it might not sit well with hot liquids. And the handle may creak when it’s in use.
- It comes with a multi-purpose leak-proof lid
- Made of BPA free materials
- The lid doubles as a serving bowl
- Rugged and rustproof
- Vacuum insulated for cold or hot food
- The lid might be prone to leakage when using hot water
- This food flask may stop keeping food hot
- The handle may creak during use
Next on the best food flask reviews is the WayEee food flask. With a double insulated stainless steel design, this vacuum flask has an internal and external double lip that keeps food hot for up to six hours and drinks cold for up to 8 hours.
The WayEee food flask comes with an external lid that doubles as a serving bowl. And its interior lid hosts a stainless steel folding spoon. With an overall capacity of 450ml, this leak-proof food flask comes with an extra-wide mouth that ensures easy filling, pouring and cleaning.
Moreover, it comes with a press release air button that comes in handy when the lid jams. On the flip side, removing the foldable spoon can be quite challenging for some users.
- Has double insulated stainless steel design
- Equipped with a release air button
- Features an extra-wide mouth
- It comes with a stainless steel folding spoon
- The lid might jam from time to time
- It might not retain heat for long hours
- Removing the spoon can be pretty challenging for some users
If you’re in the market for the best hot food flask UK stores have to offer, then the 720°DGREE WunderJar is an excellent choice. This stainless steel food jar boasts of its ability to keep hot and cold food at the perfect temperature. And its 450 ml makes it ideal for both office and school trips.
This stainless steel BPA-Free vacuum flask is made with premium quality materials and features a valve release button that can be used to remove excess pressure from cold and warm food. Moreover, its double-wall vacuum insulation with an extra layer of copper keeps food warm up to nine hours and cold up to 16 hours.
However, it may not sit well with some users since the rubber ring tends to fall off quite easily. And if you don’t fill it to the brim, you might end up with cold food.
- Can keep food warm or cold for up to 16 hours
- Made from food-grade stainless steel materials
- It comes with a pressure relief valve button
- Equipped with a safety lock
- Has double-wall insulation
- The rubber ring may keep falling off over time
- This food flask may not keep soup hot after some time
- It might not be completely leak-proof
When it comes to the best food flask to keep food hot, the Thermos 56902 FUNtainer should be your go-to option. It comes with a 290 ml capacity that is ideal for baby food, soups and boiling water.
Built with the same materials similar to other thermos flasks, the Thermos 56902 FUNtainer stands out when it comes to maximum heat retention and vacuum seal technology.
Moreover, the Thermos 56902 FUNtainer comes with a wide opening for filling, pouring and cleaning. Also, it comes in different colour options. On the flip side, the capacity of this insulated flask can be quite limited. And It may not keep meals warm for a longer period.
- Thermos vacuum insulation technology
- It comes in an appealing midnight blue colour
- It comes with an easy to fill wide mouth
- Ideal for baby food and soups
- Keeps contents hot for up to 6 hours and cold for 7 hours
- The rubber seal might come off easily
- This flask may not keep food hot after some time
- Some users may find this flask to be too small
Highly functional and practical are terms that best describe the Thermos Thermocafe food flask. Not only does it boasts of being the best food thermos for its practicality, but it also comes with a unique two-piece stopper that makes it ideal for cold, hot drinks and food.
With a 1.6liter capacity, this stainless steel food jar comes with double-wall insulation that makes it ideal for cold desserts, hot drinks and hot food. Its durable stainless steel exterior is also cool to the touch and sweatproof when hosting cold food and drinks.
Moreover, its insulated lid also doubles as a stainless steel serving bowl. The extra-wide mouth makes filling, serving and cleaning a breeze. That said, it’s worth mentioning that this vacuum insulated flask comes with a convenient folding handle and a carrying handle for portability.
- It comes with a double-wall vacuum insulation
- Double stainless steel interior and exterior
- Cool to the touch with hot fluids
- It comes with a dual purpose stopper for food or drink
- A folding handle with a carrying strap is included
- The rubber seal might come off during washing
- The leaked liquids may settle in the ridges
- The plastic hinge on the handle might disintegrate after some time
If you need the best vacuum flask in the UK, then the Prime Horizon should be your go-to option. With an overall capacity of 0.5l, this food flask allows you to take your favourite meals with you in style, thanks to its stylish travel bag.
This food jar boasts double-wall vacuum insulation to ensure maximum heat retention, and it’s ideal for anything from soup to porridge or baby food. It ensures food stays hot for up to six hours and drinks cold for nine hours. Moreover, its folding spoon is designed to integrate flawlessly inside the flask’s lid. Also, the storage bag comes with thermal insulation and a carabiner attached to it.
On the downside, replacing the removable seal on the food flask can be quite challenging. And the coating may flake off after some time.
- Double-walled with vacuum insulation
- Made with safe and durable materials
- A foldable spoon is included
- Completely leak-proof
- This food flask may stop keeping food warm after some time
- Replacing the removable seal may be quite challenging
- The coating might peel off after some time
Are you looking for the best lunch companion for your soup and food needs on and off the trail? If yes, then the YGJT Maxso food flasks should be your go-to option. Not only do they boast of a vacuum insulated interior that helps keep food hot up to 12 hours and cold for 12 hours. But also their top lids double as a serving bowl.
The YGJT Maxso food jar comes with an air pressure sealing lid that ensures food is secured within the food flask. And its updated design also ensures that the folding spoon and fork fits snugly into the sealing lid. Moreover, these food flasks come in two different capacities, 500ml and 700ml. That said, it’s worth mentioning that these food flasks are made with 304 stainless steel food-grade material.
- A foldable spoon and fork is included in the food container set
- Made of BPA free material
- It can be used to store ice cubes
- It comes with unique insulation technology
- It has a non-slip-base
- Some may find it quite challenging to open this food flask when filled
- This food flask may leak from the pressure release valve
- It may not keep food hot for longer periods
When it comes to the best food flasks UK stores have to offer, the Thermos 190525 is an outstanding choice. Not only does it boasts a durable stainless steel exterior and interior. But also, the double-wall vacuum insulation helps retain heat for both hot and cold drinks.
The Thermos 190525 food jar also comes with a cool to touch exterior when filled with hot drinks. And sweatproof when carrying cold drinks. This stainless steel food jar also comes with a wide opening for easy filling, eating and cleaning. Also, the folding spoon integrates seamlessly on the lid that also doubles as a serving bowl.
However, some users may find it less convenient since it lacks dishwasher-friendly parts. And water may get trapped on its base during cleaning.
- Has stainless steel interior and exterior
- It comes with a wide mouth for easy filling
- Features a double-wall vacuum insulation
- Lid doubles as a serving bowl
- A folding spoon is included
- This food flask may not be dishwasher safe
- Water may get trapped in the base when washed
- The label might leave a sticky residue
Last on our best food flask reviews is the ValueTalks King. Not only is it one of the best soup flasks in the market, but it also features a double-wall stainless steel design for maximum temperature retention. And its lid is made with food-grade material and BPA-free polypropylene, making it ideal to be used as a serving bowl.
With an overall capacity of 450ml, you can use this food flask for soups, pasta and cold desserts. The exhaust valve feature on the internal lip allows one to open the food jar easily when the lid jams. Its leak-proof design makes it suitable for both adults and kids. Moreover, it’s available in four different colourways.
On the downside, some users may find it less convenient than other options since the lid jams over time. Also, it may not keep drinks piping hot.
- Features double-walled stainless steel designs
- Made of BPA free materials
- A full-size folding spoon is included
- The lid is made of food-grade
- Equipped with an exhaust valve
- This flask may be prone to leakage
- The lid might get jammed after some time
- This food flask may not keep soup hot enough
What to Consider When Buying a Food Flask
Here are some of the essential factors you should consider when selecting your ideal food flask.
When selecting your ideal food flask, it’s always essential to consider its functionality. It’s always advisable to settle for one that comes with vacuum insulation and a double one design as this helps maintain the perfect temperature for your meals.
That said, it’s also recommended that you go for a food flask that comes with extra features such as a folding spoon, storage bag and foldable handle. Moreover, you should also consider one with a wide opening for easy filling, eating and cleaning.
Capacity is another important feature you should consider when selecting your ideal food jar. Whether you’re shopping for a kid’s flask or adults, it’s always important to consider its overall capacity. Since the capacity of insulates, flasks range from 300ml to 1litre or more.
When shopping for a food flask, it’s always essential to consider the materials it’s made with. Always go for products that come with insulation as this allows them to keep food hot for approximately 12 hours long and cold up to 24 hours. That being said, it’s worth mentioning that it’s always advisable to consider the flask’s structure and lid since they also play a role in how long the temperature of your food, whether hot or cold, lasts.
Suppose you’re going for flasks that can retain the temperature of insulated food for approximately 12 hours long. In that case, you should settle for one that comes with a stainless steel interior and exterior. On the other hand, if you settle for other food flasks made with different materials, you should go for BPA-free flasks that can withstand the test of time.
The lid is another feature that you should also consider when selecting a food flask. It’s always advisable to go for one that the lid doubles as a serving bowl for added convenience. Also, consider a lid that seamlessly hosts the folding spoon or fork when it’s not in use. This helps reduce the need for extra cutlery when you’re out camping or hiking.
Heat retention is one of the main factors that makes most of us look for the best food flasks on the market. Keep in mind that heat retention varies from around 4 hours to 12 hours or longer. So this means that you should always consider when you will be using your flask. Food flasks that carry single portions can have approximately four to six hours of heat retention.
On the other hand, food flasks that hold multiple meals should retain heat longer. Note that some food flasks are designed to maintain low temperatures for cold drinks and food without refrigerating the flask. Such flasks are ideal for ice cubes and desserts.
So if you’re looking for a food flask, always settle for one that can suit both your winter and summer needs.
Well, that’s it for our best food flask reviews and what to look for when shopping for the best food flask. Hopefully, you will settle on one that sits well with your needs and preferences. However, if we’re to pick an overall winner from our reviews, we would settle for our editor’s choice, the Thermos Stainless King food flask.
With an overall capacity of 0.47 litres, the thermos food flask comes with a vacuum insulated lid that doubles as a bowl. It also comes with a full-sized folding spoon and an extra-wide mouth for added convenience. It keeps your food hot for 9 hours and cold for 14 hours. Additionally, it’s available in different colourways that include midnight blue and cranberry red.
What do you think about our editor’s choice? Let us know in the comments below.